Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28, 2015--------Already Second Cambio

Hola Familia y Amigos!

This week was full of joys and disappointments.  The Guizado family was excited for their baptism, but, unfortunately, there wasn’t water in the chapel so we weren’t able to hold it.  We did everything we could to find water, we ever considered having the baptism in a river or swimming pool, but nothing worked out.  After a lot of prayers we came to the conclusion that we should postpone the baptism.  Because of General Conference this next weekend they have to wait 2 more weeks to receive this ordinance.  We know that this is God’s will, because we received a confirmation, but Satan tried to use this to discourage us.  It is interesting the way the adversary works.  He seems to take something good then distorts it.  As we learn to recognize this, it becomes easier to withstand temptation and turn to God when we have negative thoughts and feelings.

We’ve been learning a lot about the importance of daily family prayer and scripture study as well as Family Home Evening.  Every time we teach a family who is struggling we ask if they’re doing these things and without fail the answer is no.  On the other hand, those families who are thriving are those who are striving to read and pray together. My invitation for this week is to read and ponder The Family:  A Proclamation to the World. for family home evening tonight in preparation for General Conference.

I finally made it to 3 Nephi where Christ visits the Americas.  I swear it gets better every time I read it.  Everything seemed so much more real than before.  I was especially touched by the compassion that Christ showed his brothers and sisters.  I love the part where he blesses the children.  I may have shed a tear or two when I read the phrase, “He wept.” In Preach My Gospel, speaking of God it says, “He weeps when we suffer and rejoices when we do what is right.”  That’s pretty amazing to think about.  It’s impossible to comprehend the love that our Heavenly Father has for us.  Alls I knows is that it’s a whole lot.

I am SUPER excited for General Conference this weekend and I’m really hoping I’ll understand the talks in Spanish.  The work is coming along and the church is getting truer... haha I love you all!  Have a great week!

Con amor,
Hermana Harris


This is the Guizado family in their home with President Quispe from the Branch.  They cook all of their food over fire.  It makes the flavor so much better! 


Last P-day we went to the top of a mountain and ate mote con queso with the Guizado family.  Mote con queso is eaten just about every day here.  It's giant corn with nasty cheese that is warm.  haha  I'm learning to love it though.  Eliza asked how the cows look here.  So here's a picture of a cow...  

No comments:

Post a Comment