Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 1, 2015



I got to sit by Elder Sheanshang on the flight to Atlanta!!  He is my favorite!  The lady on the other side of me was watching an R rated movie....  hahaha awko. So in Atlanta we met up with a bunch more missionaries then we flew down to Peru.  I had to pull a grandma Harris and buy some motion sickness medicine...  I got pretty nauseated on the first flight.  
The flight to Peru was so long, but I got to sit by the window.  Hna. Walker sat next to me.  We got to eat a salad for dinner on the plane and I was so excited.  I loved looking out the window, especially flying over ecuador.  The city lights were majestic.  
We didn´t get to the CCM until 3 am and we had to get up at 7:30.  I am SO tired.  
Yeah so Peruvian drivers are insane!!!  They just zoom everywhere and when they come to a stop light they just honk and plow through. Also the stop lights have a count down so you know when the light is going to change... genius.  Haha so the bus ride was awesome from the airport.  
The whole immigration thing is SUPER complicated.  We had to go through immigrations and customs and tell them that we were here for training and we needed to be here for a minimum of 90 days.  I didn't get hounded but some other missionaries got asked tons of personal questions. 
Peru is nothing like America.  This will take some getting used to, but I love the people.  There are so many fun Elders and Sisters here.  There are 5 of us from Weber High. The buildings are all made of concrete and it is way humid.  I feel like I am  in a cold sauna.  My companion is Hna Barfuss.  We had pizza and hot chocolate for breakfast...?  hahaha  I love you all so much!  I will get to write for an hour next Wednesday, which is my P day.
con amor
hna Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment