Wednesday, July 22, 2015

July 22, 2015

This week was fabulous!  My companion and I had to pray in sacrament meeting in Spanish.  I was SO nervous because Presidente Gonzalez was there.  Guess what? I survived!!  haha
 
I had a really neat experience this week.  We had a fireside on Sunday given in spanish.  They gave us translators but mine didn't work.  I prayed to have the spirit with me and it was the most amazing thing.  I wrote PAGES of notes from the guy´s talk.  I literally have no idea how I knew what he was saying other than the gift of tongues.  I was taking notes furiously and I was following along in the spanish Preach My Gospel and spanish scriptures.  His message was exactly what I needed to hear so I know that God helped me understand.  He spoke about spiritual gifts and obtaining the attributes of Christ.
 
A common phrase in my journal this week was ¨They´ve gotta stop serving compote de frutas.¨ They used to make the most amazing desserts like cream filled churros.  Then one day they served this unappetizing compote de frutas and nobody took it so they put it out the next day and nobody took it again.  Eventually people started to take one for the team and would get one so that they'd stop setting out the same ones, but these poor people had to eat those nasty things because we eat everything on our plates here.  Last night we finally got to the end of the compote de frutas and they gave us the most nasty dessert I've ever had.  It literally looked like snot and tasted worse.  The lady told us that it was good so I took one and had to eat it.  I almost threw up...no joke.  I want my churros back!  It's OK though because they have a freezer full of ice cream sandwiches from the Gods that I access daily...
 
I went to the temple today for the last time for 18 months because the temple is closed for the next two weeks.  The past 2 p-days I have placed Books of Mormon.  I don´t talk to strangers and I don´t speak spanish so giving out a Book of Mormon is quite the accomplishment.
 
I still don't speak much Spanish, but understanding is getting easier.  I feel so blessed to be learning Spanish because it is also forcing me to learn the language of the Spirit.  I know these things are true but I am literally unable to share that without testifying of simple truths and relying completely on the spirit to relay the truthfulness of the message to the hearts of God's children.  What a blessing!
 
I know that God is good and that he has a plan for each of us.  Life is good.  I love you guys!
 
Con amor,
Hermana Harris
 
 They have a map with all of the missions on it and mine is definitely the coolest mission!!

 I still look down and see my name-tage and jump.  When did I turn into a missionary??

This was our last trip to the temple.  Our amazing teachers are Flor Chacón and Cindy Altamirano.

     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment