Wednesday, July 15, 2015

July 15, 2015


  
Week 2 in Peru:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZA!!!! I've been thinking about you all week!

So when I moved to college, I seriously doubted my decision to go to USU.  I wanted to give up, but I stuck to it and had the most amazing experience.  I met wonderful people and loved every second of it.  I also learned and changed so much.  

Likewise, the first week of my mission was super rough and I was prepared to take the next flight home.  (I conveniently had a return flight scheduled for the 30th for immigration purposes that I didn't want to waste. ) haha

On the way to the airport to drop me off, my family was running late then we ran out of gas so we stopped at a station and the pumps didn't work.  We drove for a while and went to another station, but again the pump didn't work.  We went to yet another station that had problems, but eventually we were able to get gas.  I had a powerful impression that Satan did not want me to go on a mission.  I had forgotten about this until this last Sunday...  I may have gotten un poco ill.  (Don't worry, the doctor told me I had a strong heart beat so they didn't need to rush me to the hospital.  So comforting.)  haha but really I'm fine.

Anywho, I tell you this because Elders Noel, Williams, and Hafer gave me a blessing.  Elder Chaz Hafer was the mouthpiece and he said, ¨Rachel, you Heavenly Father wants you to know that he has a plan for you that is different than anyone else's.  Never doubt.  There are people here who need to hear your testimony and your experiences.¨ It was so powerful.  I can do this!  

I know that God is good and he knows what he is doing. I know this church is true and that Christ is my Savior.  I wouldn't have moved to Peru if I didn't know that.  Satan doesn't want me here because I know that Christ is preparing the world for His second coming and I am going to shout it from the roof tops.  There are people here who need to know that families are forever and that truth is on the earth today.

¨We doubt not the Lord nor his goodness.  We've proved him in days that are past.  The wicked who fight against Zion, shall surely be smitten at last.¨

I love being a missionary.  It's hard, but so special.  These are exciting times. Thanks for your prayers.  Love to you all!

Con amor,
Hermana Harris 


So the Book of Mormon in Quechua is insane...  These are the sisters going to Cusco with me who get to learn Spanish and Quechua.  So stoked!!

My district is AMAZING!!!  Half of us are going to Cusco and the other half will be serving in Lima Central. Oh and Elder Frehner is going to Iquitos.  Whenever we tell people that we get to serve in Cusco, they get super excited and say it is beautiful.  When Elder Frehner says he's going to Iquitos everyone says, Hace calor en Iquitos.  (It's hot in Iquitos)  So we have this joke that whenever someone is hot they say It feels like Iquitos in here.  haha

 We literally had a futbol camp for our district today, because soccer is a must in South America and none of us girls are very good.  Instead of our Elders getting mad at us, they decided to have a ¨soccer camp¨ to teach us how to play.  It was super fun!  (ps to grandma and Jenny I´m not sun burned... I was just running really hard.  It is impossible to get sunburned here because I never see the sun.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment